Health and safety
We're committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our people (employees and contractors), partners and customers.
"Keeping our people and our environment safe is our priority"Chorus Chief Executive Officer Mark Ratcliffe
- a zero tolerance for major injuries and fatalities.
- no business objective prioritised over the safety of any person.
- all employees have a responsibility to keep themselves safe, to actively look out for the safety of others and to speak up early if they have any concerns.
We achieve this by:
- excellent health and safety leadership throughout the whole organisation.
- caring about our people, our service partners, customers, visitors and the public.
- respecting the right to go home safe and the early return to work of any injured employee.
- positively encouraging participation by all our people so we capture everyone's experiences and feedback.
- continuously improving our health and safety management system.
- proactively identifying hazards and taking all reasonable practical steps to eliminate or minimise risks.
- collaborating with our business partners to have shared commitment to excel in health and safety leadership and practices.
- continuously monitoring and reviewing our performance on a backwards and forward looking basis so we can track our progress.
- accurately reporting and applying our learning culture to any incidents.
- meeting our legal obligations in relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, industry standards and accreditation compliance.