How much will my installation cost?
At the moment, we are offering standard residential fibre installations for FREE in areas that have fibre in the street. Standard residential fibre installations are usually on a like-for-like basis, which means we’ll use existing infrastructure.
Our standard installation service includes:
- Connecting your property to the fibre network in your street via existing infrastructure using one of these options; aerial cable, surface-mounted cable or buried cable by way of existing conduit, soft trenching, slot trenching or hard trenching
- Reinstating any surfaces that have been disturbed during the installation
- Installing the external termination point (ETP) on the exterior of the property
- Installing the optical network terminal (ONT) inside the property
- Connecting your broadband provider’s modem (if applicable)
- Testing to make sure everything is working
We consider a standard installation to be a maximum of 200 metres between your boundary and our ETP on your property. If the distance from your boundary to our ETP is more than 200 metres you may need to contribute to the cost of installation. We’ll agree this contribution with you before we begin any work at your place.
Please note Chorus does not cover these costs:
- Any alternative installation from the road to the property that is not listed in the bullet points above
- Electrical work to add additional power plugs
- Moving the ETP or ONT after it has been installed