Terms and ConditionsView all Terms & Conditions
We know privacy is important to you. This policy sets out how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
On this page
While the whole policy is below, you can also jump down to the section you need using this menu:
- What this policy applies to and how it works
- Your information: when we collect it and what we do with it
- Sharing your information
- How we protect and store your information
- Your privacy options
- How to contact us
What this policy applies to and how it works
What this policy applies to
This policy applies to personal information we collect about you.
New Zealand phone and broadband service providers access our network and services to provide products and services to their customers. We don't offer retail phone and broadband services.
This policy applies where:
- you have products and services delivered by a provider that uses our services;
- we provide you services directly;
- you use our websites or interact with us.
How this policy works
To make this policy easier to read and be clearer, we define some terms. So, when we say:
- “we" or “us” we mean Chorus New Zealand Limited;
- “services” we mean our services that may be delivered to you:
- directly by us (or those who deliver services on behalf, such as our subcontractors or agents); or
- by a provider that uses our services for their products and services.
Changes to this policy
Your information: when we collect it and what we do with it
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information when you:
- use our services or are delivered products and services from a provider that uses our services;
- enter into an agreement with us directly for services (including making our services available at your premises or property developments);
- use our websites or third party websites or tools on our websites (including the third party Ookla speed test tool, and our broadband checker tool). Third party websites that are linked on our websites, and the Ookla speed test tool have their own privacy policies that apply instead of our policy;
- contact us, including via social media or other platforms, email or phone;
- enter a competition we are running;
- sign up for a fibre installation to enable our services at your premises;
- otherwise do business with us or when you do business with those that use our services;
- visit any of our buildings or other premises (including via closed circuit security cameras);
- apply for a job with us or accept an offer of employment or a contracting arrangement.
We also collect information about you from others when you:
- are delivered products and services from your provider that use our services;
- receive services from our service companies. Our service companies install connections and maintain our services on our behalf;
- use agents, professional advisors or authorise others to act on your behalf.
What personal information we collect
The personal information we collect depends on our relationship and our interaction with you.
When you use our services (via a provider, or by us directly), we collect your contact details, and details of our services. If you have an optical network terminal (this is the small white unit that is installed at your premises for fibre), then we also collect:
- the serial number, and status (ie, whether it is “on” or “off) of your optical network terminal (ONT) also known as your Chorus fibre box;
- and for optical network terminals that provide wifi (which will depend on your provider), then we also collect information about your devices that use our services (such as unique identifiers, device model, and technical and performance settings). If you also use voice over IP using that optical network terminal, then we collect usage information when you use voice over IP.
Other personal information we collect may include:
- when using our websites, details about your use of our websites (see “Your privacy options” section below). Our websites have tools to enhance functionality, so if you use:
- when you contact us, your contact details;
- when you enter our competitions, your contact details, and any other additional information or content required for the competition;
- when you sign up for a fibre installation, your contact details;
- when you visit any of our buildings or other premises, your contact details, and where you work;
- for current and potential employees or contractors, we may collect personal information related to employment or as a contractor (ie, resumes, third party reference checks, bank details, certain health information etc). We may also conduct pre-employment checks on potential employees or contractors.
How we use your personal information
We use your information to:
- provide you with services;
- enable your provider to deliver you with products and services;
- update or improve our services;
- communicate with you, such as by post, phone, text message, social media or other platforms, or email;
- provide you, or enable providers to provide you, with information about services that are relevant to you (including promotional material and news that you are able to opt-out of);
- enable us to run any competition you have entered;
- in the case of employees and contractors to pay your wages, fees and other employee or contractor entitlements, and to manage your relationship with us. For potential employees or contractors, we may use your information to conduct pre-employment checks;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may use anonymised and aggregated information (which means you cannot be identified) about:
- usage patterns of our websites along with the tools available on our websites (like the broadband checker tool);
- the data provided when using those tools;
- usage on our network.
We may share insights of this anonymised and aggregated information to third parties or publicly.
Sharing your information
We share your personal information with third parties for the purposes it was collected, for a directly related purpose, where you consent, or for another lawful purpose.
We may share your personal information with providers to enable them to offer you products and services over our network.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- who provide us with products or services that support the services we provide, such as our suppliers, consultants, service companies, or other contractors. We carefully select such parties, and require them to protect your information;
- to enforce or protect our legal rights;
- if we think that we are required or permitted by law to disclose your information (such as to regulators, law enforcement bodies, or government agencies);
- where required for us to use your personal information as set out in this policy.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
How we protect and store your information
How we protect your personal information
We use appropriate security safeguards in line with industry standards to keep your personal information protected. If we need to store your information in the cloud (which may be held outside of New Zealand), we ensure our cloud providers have standards and controls in line with industry standards to keep your information protected.
How long we store your information
We store your personal information only as long as we need it for the reason it was collected.
We will delete or anonymise your personal information once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
What happens if there is a data breach
We will notify you if we are aware of a privacy breach that affects your personal information, and we are required to notify you by law. We may provide a public notice of the breach if we think it is appropriate or it is required by law.
Your privacy options
Accessing and correcting your information
You can access or correct your personal information by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to provide us information to verify your identity (such as a copy of a drivers licence or passport).
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing you copies of your personal information, but we’ll let you know if that is the case.
Our websites place a cookie on your browser. A cookie gives us insights about how you interact with our websites, makes content more relevant to you, and helps you navigate our websites. We do this in two ways, by using:
- our own cookies/first party cookies to make it easier for you to navigate and use our websites efficiently (ie, you don’t have to log-on again if you navigate away from a page);
We recommend you enable cookies to enjoy all the features of our websites, but this is up to you. Your browser settings will allow you to change your cookie preferences.
How to contact us
Our Privacy Officer is the Assistant General Counsel, Corporate and Commercial. If you have questions about this policy, please email us at email@example.com.