Terms and ConditionsView all Terms & Conditions
Win a year’s free fibre broadband – one winner drawn every month, May - Jul 22
By entering this competition, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions. Chorus New Zealand Limited (Chorus, we, our) is the promoter of this competition.
Who can enter
To be eligible to enter the competition:
- you must live in New Zealand;
- you must be aged 18 years or over;
- you must be connected or able to connect to the Chorus fibre network. Chorus is New Zealand’s largest broadband infrastructure company with coverage across 75% of New Zealand. If you are unsure, you can check by entering your address at www.chorus.co.nz.
Employees and immediate family members of Chorus, its related companies and partners associated with the competition are not eligible to enter.
Also note that we currently cannot credit Skinny and Bigpipe broadband accounts. If that’s you, you can still enter, but if you’re the lucky winner you’d need to switch providers to take advantage of the prize.
The competition will run from Sunday 1 May 2022 until 11.59pm Saturday 31 July 2022.
There will be 3 draws across this period, with 1 winner drawn each month and notified by email. Winners will be drawn on the following dates:
- Wednesday 1 June 2022
- Friday 1 July 2022
- Monday 1 August 2022
How to enter
You can enter in the following ways:
- Select the opt in box when completing web forms on the following pages:
- Complete the dedicated competition entry form on Facebook.
- Join the Chorus mailing list when you sign up to get your fibre box installed (Optical Network Terminal) with one of our door-to-door sales agents.
Only one entry per person throughout the duration of the competition. Once entered, the person is eligible for all subsequent monthly draws during the competition period.
Chorus is not responsible for entries not received, and incomplete, illegible, or fraudulent entries are not valid.
Win a year’s free fibre broadband worth $1200
There will be 3 winners throughout the duration of this competition, with one winner drawn each month from total entries received from the competition start date.
Chorus will notify the winners after each monthly draw has taken place by email, and within 10 days the winner must respond and confirm whether they wish to claim the prize. If you are unresponsive, unable or unwilling to accept the prize, Chorus may award it to another entrant.
Once contacted, the winner must supply Chorus with the details of their current broadband provider and account number.
Chorus will pay the total value of the fibre broadband prize ($1,200) directly to the winner’s current broadband provider to credit the winner’s broadband account, providing the winner’s address is connected to Chorus fibre or, if not currently connected to Chorus fibre, is connected to Chorus fibre within 3 months of winning the competition.
If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
Please note: Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and cannot be used in combination with any other promotions, vouchers, or discounts.
How winner(s) will be determined
- The winner must have provided a valid email and address
- The winner will be notified by email
- Chorus’ decision in relation to the winner, or any other aspect of this competition, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Chorus and any other person or party associated with this competition is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any platform, website services, data connection, communication or the internet, or any combination thereof.
- Chorus is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition.
- You must comply with the terms of any platform used to enter the competition.
Modification of terms and conditions
Chorus may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice and reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition for any reason.
To the extent permitted by law, Chorus and any other person or party associated with this Promotion, will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the Promotion. Chorus is not responsible for any acts or omissions of Facebook and has no liability to you for any information or data you agree to provide to Facebook as part of this Promotion.
You are providing your information to Chorus and its authorised agents. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, or any other social network.
You completely release Facebook and any other social network from any and all liability in connection with this competition.
You agree to participate in publicity generated by Chorus (or Chorus’ marketing partners), and agree to the use of your name for promotional purposes without remuneration.
You authorise Chorus to collect and store your personal information. Chorus will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this Promotion. If you participate in this Promotion then Chorus, its related companies and business partners may also use your details to send you newsletters and updates.
You can access or request correction of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com
This competition is governed by the laws of New Zealand.